Thursday, January 14, 2010

Hobbies Part 2

So, on to the second part of this series. How many entries classify a series anyway?

This next hobby i have been dabbling, and i do mean dabbling, in for the past 3-4 years. I love taking photos.  I want to be better at photography, but the problem is that i learn better with a one on one teacher, and also finding the time. Turns out Photography is an expensive hobby, especially if you want to do the things i want to do. I have so much equipment that i need to buy but no money to do so.
I do belong to a couple forum/groups that help beginners out,and i pick up some different tip and tricks here and there, but i still dont learn things well just by reading (which is why i dont do well with my online classes).


Part of my problem, i think, is that i am too scatter brained when it comes to creativity. I do not have a focused area of expertise. I love taking photos of children, and i love nature shots, and i love pinup/budoir photos and and and..... i could go on and on about my favorite photos ideas.

My friends think that im better than i give myself credit for, who knows. But i will share some of my favorite photos with you anyway.


This photos is of the Seattle Skyline from the Ferry (i cant remember which ferry at the moment there were alot). I like this mostly bc of the clouds. I had some much better photos, but when my laptop was stolen a few months ago so i lost most of the photos.


This photo is a one of a few i did at an event that a friend of mine sponsored. It was at a night club and called "nightie night" party. It was alot of fun, but i feel i could have done better with more equipment like an off camera flash and some reflectors.
But overall i know the girls had alot of fun and we did get some awesome shots, which was the whole point of this.


I take ALOT of pictures of my 6 nieces and nephews, but as they arent really posed photos i dont classify them as part of my portfolio.
Anyway, if you would like to see more of my photos feel free to check out my Flickr website, if you have a yahoo account you can sign in and see more i think than what originally shows.

1 comment:

Great said...

i hope that you could take a beautiful photo of me.