Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Book Review: Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert

Ive never done a book review before, Ive never wanted to review a book. Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert is a book EVERYONE should read.
While i know that is an opinion, I also feel this is fact.

The only thing that made me interested in this book, and i mean the ONLY thing, was that she lived in Italy for a good portion of this book. That is the only reason i bought this.
It was so good, i bought another copy for my cousin. I just want to say ive never bought a book for someone that they didnt specifically ask for.

This book made me look deep inside myself and evaluate me. It made me think about me. It made me feel good, and feel sad, and feel alone and content.... all at the same time. I can honestly say, i found a small amount of peace in my life from reading this book.

Id also like to point out that i never quote anything, but i constantly find myself remembering sentences or events from the book without realizing that its from there.
Tonight, im writing my blog and talking about how love stinks. And i recall a phrase that talks about how all life disagreements can be attributed to two reasons.

"I met an old lady once, almost a hundred years old, and she told me, 'There are only two questions that human beings have ever fought over, all through history. How much do you love me? And Who's in charge?" 
 Elizabeth Gilbert (Eat, Pray, Love)


While you might not completely agree with this, the sentence alone makes you think. 
This whole book makes you think, and ponder events in the world, in your life, in general. And i said ponder, not analyze. 


I want to be as brave as this person, to do something alone. Im struggling just to go out and find new friends alone. Lets not mention how spaztic i got when i decided to go out to eat dinner at TGIF alone.... completely alone.


I will probably never see the movie, just because i know it will take away the parts that i love about this movie.
I also wanted to link this webpage that shows different quotes from the book, even reading some of them makes you want to read more.


And not to plug, but i thought i would link the book, just in case someone wanted to check it out. 

No comments: